> "stuff"otherstuff"morestuff"
>
> Is that an example of a nested string or just two strings with
> otherstuff inbetween?

That's ambiguous.  Oh noes!

I am a sort of disorganised person.  I was thinking of matching
parenthesis, which you can't do with "regular" regular expressions.

Really I just made a stupid mistake!
I was thinking of nested stings like so "\"\\\"\\\"\"".

All you would have to look for is \", since \\\" ends with \".  So that
can be done without variable amounts of memory.

Hence, I sort of just blabbed without engaging the brain properly,
leading to this discussion.  Oh noes!

I'm not really sure why my mind drips out my ears, but hey I have some
cheese and wrote some ruby so it's all good.

Johnny