On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 11:48 AM, Alex V. <alex.vpro / laposte.net> wrote:
> Hello everyone :)
>
> I progressed in my business, I understood the principle of external
> library like zlib (actually it makes sense, I was a bit stupid on
> that!).

Live and learn. :)

> So I tried to install RVM, but I failed: the RVM script doesn't
> work, certainly because I'm behind a proxy, but I did not pursue because
> I wanted to try to install "mkmf" (it was the error that caused the
> installation failed of metric_fu) and it worked! :)

RVM requires, at the very least, git (you obviously have a compiler
installed by now :P). "sudo aptitude install git" should solve that
problem. :)

> Now metric_fu is installed correctly but I can't make it work: I make
> the "Rakefile" file with just "require 'metric_fu'" inside, and when I
> type "rake1.9.1 metrics:all" I get that :
>
> "
> root@Alexis-VBox-Ubuntu:~/Ruby/Cinetheque# rake1.9.1 metrics:all
> (in /home/alexis/Ruby/Cinetheque)
> rake aborted!
> No such file or directory - churn --yaml

[snip]

> Is there someone using metric_fu who knows the problem?

While I don't know metric_fu, the error indicates that churn isn't installe=
d.

Run "gem list churn" to find out if churn is installed, and if not
"[sudo] gem install churn" should fix that problem.

Otherwise, you could try adding
require 'churn'
to your Rakefile (sequence might be important, so try both before and
after "require 'metric_fu'", in case you get errors).

--=20
Phillip Gawlowski

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0-- Leibnitz