Hi,

I am trying to solve the Sudoku Ruby Quiz using a 2d array of hashes
data model but I probably keep doing something wrong since the hashes
are referenced at row level(last row of the sudoku matrix is
referenced).

Could I get a hint on where I should insert the Hash.new when dealing
with 2d arrays. I have googled it but I could only find simple array of
hashes examples.

Thanks,
Alex

# creates sudoku matrix and fills it in with data
sudoku=Array.new(9,Array.new(9))
(0..8).each do |x|
  (0..8).each do |y|

    #load cell values into :values
    sudoku[x][y]=Hash.new
    print "load #{temp_ary[x][y]} in sudoku[#{x}][#{y}]\n"
    sudoku[x][y][:value]=temp_ary[x][y]

    #load possible solutions of this cell into :possibilities
    if sudoku[x][y][:value]==0
      sudoku[x][y][:possibilities]=[1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9]