Michal Suchanek wrote in post #1000501:
> I would guesstimate Windows being on about half
> of computers in the world.
> even PDAs and tablets that can run Ruby but not MS Office OLE.

According to this
http://marketshare.hitslink.com/operating-system-market-share.aspx?qprid=10

90% of computers run Windows, so normally you'd stand a fair chance of
your program working if you used OLE.

> I don't know what you mean by e-business. If you mean serving web
> pages then I would rather rely on Java then .NET for the purpose.

I'm not saying I'm right or that MS is better. I'm just saying there are
a lot of people in my world (eg web apps for customers to service
120,000 loans; websites to sell international health insurance etc) and
they just don't have this slightly puerile anti-microsoft attitude, so
I'm confused why a few people on here cannot help themselves from making
snide remarks whenever MS is mentioned.