On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 3:30 AM, aix aix <ruby.aix / gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> So now, before I use the DBI module to communicate with my MySQL
> database.
>
> Now, I turn to ActiveRecord.
>
> I'll be home I connect, do queries, etc. However, recovery / reading
> information is unclear.
>
> Here is my code:
>
> require 'rubygems'
> require 'active_record'
>
> ActiveRecord::Base.establish_connection(
>    :adapter => 'mysql',
>    :host => 'localhost',
>    :username => 'root',
>    :password => 'toor',
>    :database => 'demo'
> )
>
> class Type_service < ActiveRecord::Base
> end

# One possible example demonstrating data access...
puts "Dump of type_services table:"
puts "-" * 80
puts "id_type_s".ljust(15, ' ') + "| label_type_s"
puts "-" * 80
Type_service.find(:all).each do |record|
  puts record.id_type_s.to_s.ljust(15, ' ') + "| #{record.label_type_s}"
end

> all = Type_service.exists?()
> puts "table type_services exist ? \n #{all}"
>
> type = Type_service.find(:all)
> puts "table elements : #{type}\n\n\n"
>
> p type

The "type" local variable above references an entire collection of
Type_service instances. The collection can be used like any Enumerable
object. Each individual entry (each Type_service instance) corresponds to a
record from your table. It will have an attribute accessor for each column
in your table.

FYI: the convention when using ActiveRecord is to define your model class
w/out the underscore and with each word capitalized:

class TypeService < ActiveRecord::Base
end

The above class would correspond to a table named "type_services".

Also, you should consider posting ActiveRecord questions in the ruby on
rails mailing list since AR is part of rails:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/rubyonrails-talk

--
Kendall Gifford
zettabyte / gmail.com