2011/5/24 David Masover <ninja / slaphack.com>:
> On Monday, May 23, 2011 05:35:26 AM Ilias Lazaridis wrote:
>> On 23 =CC=DC=FA=EF=F2, 02:27, Johnny Morrice <sp... / killersmurf.com> wro=
te:
>> [...] - (off topic, off line, personal)
>>
>> And of course I hope that there are still people on this group which
>> are professional enough to simply reply based on a given requirement,
>> instead of starting to discuss the requirement.

Originally I did not want to reply but I can't leave this statement of
Ilias uncommented: basically this means "shut up and answer my
questions".  This is an insult to the complete community which is
trying to be helpful despite the reputation he has gained in the past.
 That kind of attitude might work towards someone I am paying
(although even there it is bad style and not likely to improve the
outcome of the collaboration) but it is completely misguided towards a
community of volunteers who interact because of the fun or because
they like to discuss technical issues.  Ilias, if you do not want to
discuss your requirement you don't have to.  But we are equally free
in the way we reply so please keep that in mind.  It's give and take
and communities like ours work only if there is a balance, giving more
than one takes usually works pretty well while the opposite doesn't.

> It would be unprofessional of me not to discuss a requirement with an act=
ual
> client who is actually paying me, so where does that leave you?

Exactly!

Kind regards

robert

--=20