Hi!

This is why I did not put the real example at first, because then some
people that do not understand the code always brings these stupid
comments. I do not have any compilation errors, and the code works
perfectly, so I don't think that I need a beginning ruby book for that
reason. :-) (First params does not contain a simple string; please
note the escaped string characters in the code that generates params.
Kind of strings within strings).

I cannot change the function signature since I cannot change the upper
layer that makes calls to my Ruby glue layer... That is why I would
like to introduce debugging by making changes in the glue layer at
"compile" time. (In C I would have used a #define for the pre
processor.)

"1) Strings are mutable in ruby, so get rid of all those +'s." - I'm
not sure that I understand this but it sounds interesting, what does
it mean?

Thanks for input about creating loops, new language = new flavours,
and that is nice to adapt to! :-)

I think that I could make use of the variable parameter input, with
the extended error control code making sure all parameters are in
place, I think that this will be the same amount of code. But I
learned something new, so thanks!

BR,
Andreas