On May 20, 5:40 ¨Βν¬ Δαφε Μιμμεω Όδημ®®®ΐηναιμ®γονΎ χςοτεΊ
> This is cross posted from ironruby where I've not had any replies.
>
> Installed sequel gem okay but mysql throws up this error when i try to
> install.
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\ruby_test\rub
> y_test>igem install mysql
> Building native extensions.  ¨Βθιγουμταλε χθιμε®®®
> ERROR:  ¨Βςςος ιξσταμμιξη νωσρμΊ
> ERROR: Failed to build gem native extension.
>
> "C:/Program Files/IronRuby 1.1/bin/ir.exe" extconf.rb
> extconf.rb:99: syntax error, unexpected end of file, expecting `end'
>
> Gem files will remain installed in C:/Program Files/IronRuby
> 1.1/Lib/ruby/gems/1
> 9.1/gems/mysql-2.8.1 for inspection.
> Results logged to C:/Program Files/IronRuby
> 1.1/Lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/mysql-2
> 8.1/ext/mysql_api/gem_make.out
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\ruby_test\rub
> y_test>
>
> I would prefer to use the ruby gems as I'm using ironruby to generate
> the GUI front end for data entry.
>
> any help ?

mysql or mysql2 gems will not work under IronRuby.

These gems use C code (as Ruby extensions) to communicate with MySQL.

IronRuby can't compile extensions like this.

Check on IronRuby list for alternate adapters that use C# or managed
code and can be used instead.

--
Luis Lavena