On May 23, 10:37  쮮

> > Also, if you want this attempt to be solved in each of the libraries
> > you mention, patches are welcome.
>
> I understand that "patches are welcome", as those are open source
> projects.
>
> (You really don't have to mention it every time.)

And you don't have to prepend every single thread as "BARRIER", but
you still does, so I guess is fair, right? :-)

> -
>
> The "thin" / "eventmachine" issue is trivial:
>
>  thin should require only "eventmachine" versions which have native
> gems available.
>
> The "json" issue:
>
> The author
>  should provide native gems, or
>  should provide "json_pure" as a pseudo-native-gem for windows (or
> as a general fallback)

Awesome, bring this to the gem authors, even better, work with them in
coordinate two projects different release schedules so these situation
gets satisfied.

> The "gem" issue:
>
> The gem team should provide a mechanism for "fallbacks", in order to
> ensure that cases like "json" can be resolved immediately without user
> interventions (instead of aborting the gem installation sequence which
> is triggered by a gem with dependencies).

gem installation is aborted because there is no development tools
available in your system to compile the gem.

That is way better than the failure message that was previously
displayed.

> Some gems are far to important, and they can mess up the user-
> experience completely.

Please see the entire thread I referred before, what you consider
complex information indeed included important information for YOU to
understand the JSON situation.

Is not that nobody have tried, but is still a complex situation.

> I have understood the issues now.
>
> Thank you very much for your time!

You're welcome.

--