On 21 άο, 22:02, Roger Braun <ro... / rogerbraun.net> wrote:
> I know that Illias is probably trolling,

Mr. Braun, I've placed a simple technical question. If someone is
"trolling", than it's not me, but those who write off-topic, off-
context and those who talk about trolling. This starts to become
annoying, mostly because it gives this medium an unprofessional touch,
which reflects negatively on ruby.

This should be avoided.

> but there is a way to get the
> desired behaviour: Use Psych (https://github.com/tenderlove/psych).
>
> roger@roger-MS-7621:~$ irb
> ruby-1.9.2-p180 :001 > require "psych"
> => true
> ruby-1.9.2-p180 :003 > require "yaml"
> => true
> ruby-1.9.2-p180 :004 > YAML.dump("")
> => "--- \n...\n"

I've verified this solution, it works fine (utf-8 arrives human-
readable within the yaml file, as it should).

require "psych"  // place before yaml
require "yaml"

alternative:

require "yaml"