unknown wrote in post #998975:
> I started investigating ruby.
> It's very informal, which is NOT suitable for computing.

In that case I think you'll enjoy trying to understand the semantics of
String in ruby 1.9 (not):
https://github.com/candlerb/string19/raw/master/string19.rb

Anyway, there was an attempt to produce a formal spec for ruby, which
may be what you're looking for, although it seems to have gone quiet:
http://ruby-std.netlab.jp/

It was based on ruby 1.8.7.

Otherwise, I guess ruby is not the language for you. For those who need
to write programs using formal methods or safety-critical systems I'd
say it's definitely not. But many of us use it because ruby helps us
write useful applications quickly and enjoyably.