On May 17, 10:43  򮮮
wrote:

> Yes, unfortunately(?), I cannot reproduce the crash here, either,
> despite throwing the largest image file I had into the upload field.

I was not able either.

> Though, what might hep us is if you grab Visual Studio C++ Express[1]
> (it's free, but requires registration after 30 days). This *should*
> includes a debugger which able to hook into a crashed Ruby process (I
> can't test that assumption since I have a Visual Studio Pro
> installation and they can't quite exist side-by-side, alas). That way,
> you can at least get a stack trace for us, in case this happens again
> with your actual Rails app.
>
> [1]http://www.microsoft.com/express/Downloads/

I would recommend start the server using GDB, which is part of the
DevKit instead of making the user jump into the daunting task of
building Ruby from source completely.

On the command line, locate wheer you installed the DevKit and do:

C:\Path\to\DevKit\devkitvars.bat

That will make GCC and friends available, including GDB

Then, CD into your application directory and do:

gdb ruby.exe

Which will load Ruby inside GDB, from there:

run -S rails server

Which will run ruby inside GDB, a little bit slower but similar to
doing from the command line.

When the exception occurs, GDB will show that the execution halted
with a SEGFAULT or SEGV exception and will allow you capture the
backtrace, just do "bt" and will obtain a list of the C part of Ruby
that crashed.

--
Luis Lavena