--TakKZr9L6Hm6aLOc

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 05:31:11AM +0900, Kirk Haines wrote:
> On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 12:48 PM, Chad Perrin <code / apotheon.net> wrote:
> >
> > From what I've seen, Rails is a primary job skill sought by employers.
> > Ruby without Rails, however, seems to be just a "bonus", if employers
> > notice it at all.
>=20
> It depends. We (Engine Yard) employ several people for whom Ruby
> related work is their daily bread and butter, but those people do not
> spend their days writing Rails apps.

I have two questions:

1. Did you hire them for their Ruby-not-Rails skills, or hire them for
their Ruby on Rails skills and end up putting them to work with Ruby that
is not attached to Rails?

2. Do you know of any other businesses that hire people for Ruby skills
that aren't related to Rails and are *not* basically the Google of Ruby
employers?

Of all the job postings I've noticed that mention Ruby in job
requirements, 100% of them also mention Rails.

--=20

--TakKZr9L6Hm6aLOc