On May 16, 8:22  쮮
> After visiting ruby-lang.org, I decided to get the actual 1.9.2
> version via
>

> ERROR:   宮纺
> code converter not found (UTF-16LE to IBM737)
>
> A workaround:
>
> $> chcp 850
> $> gem install <some gem>
> $> chcp 737
>
> I've queried for a solutions, but didn't found something concrete,
> although this defect seems to be know for half a year.
>
> Is this an issue with ruby, with "gem" or with the rubyinstaller?

The error is not an bug, there is no way to convert IBM737 encoding to
UTF16 or UTF8, period.

You need to update your console to use a modern set of encoding/
codepage, also, do yourself a favor and use a TrueType font for it,
which will solve any possible rendering issue you might experience in
the future.

See this:
https://github.com/cucumber/cucumber/wiki/Troubleshooting

See how to permanently set your console. IBM737 and 850 are DOS-age
encodings.

--
Luis Lavena