On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 10:03 PM, Glory L. <glory.lo778 / gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the prompt response.
>
> Since I never got this problem with SQLite3 there may be something with
> Mongoid, BSON_ext, or MongoDB.     > suggesting I compile the source on my Windows box?

In my short exploration of using Rails 3 with MongoDB on Windows, I
didn't experience any crash under similar circumstances to yours.

I have bson_ext installed, but I *also* have the Ruby DevKit
installed, which allows compilation of (a lot of) gems requiring C
extensions.

It is possible, though I don't know for sure, that the version of
bson_ext you end up with is built with the Microsoft Visual C++
compiler, thus causing Ruby to crash.

Try installing bson_ext with the DevKit installed:
http://rubyinstaller.org/add-ons/devkit/

Don't worry, it takes care of setting up the necessary build tools,
and gets loaded on demand. :)

--
Phillip Gawlowski

Though the folk I have met,