On May 11, 2011, at 10:20 , RichardOnRails wrote:

> I'm hoping that employing "Design Patterns in Ruby" will lead to less
> coding errors and more easily maintained code.  I'm stuck with the Not
> pattern in the File Finding pattern in Chapter 15.

Design patterns do not lead to less coding errors nor more easily =
maintained code.

Design patterns simply provide developers with a shared vocabulary to =
oft-used structures. It allows them to more easily communicate. If =
you're coding in a vacuum it won't help (from that perspective).

Not to say that it isn't worthwhile to read more code. That's always =
worthwhile.