On May 13, 11:25  

> I agree that RubyGems gets some unwarranted flak, but my point was
> that users obviously have a hard time discerning what at fault when
> an error occurs when installing a gem. y improving the output of
> RubyGems when an error occurs, using information provided with the
> gem, such as home page, author, and email address, users will know who
> to contact to report said error.

Can you open a feature request for that?

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?atid=578&group_id=126&func=browse

Even better if a fork/pull request is done at GitHub:

http://github.com/rubygems/rubygems

I think is not that hard to implement and for sure can serve better to
the user.

> > RubyGems takes the error of Make and tells you "there was an error
> > with compilation of extension". RubyGems can't guess or determine what
> > failed to provide a better error for you, that will be overly
> > complicated.
> > As OP said, there must be a change in GCC version or even Ruby version
> > that could have been the root of this issue.
>
> No, I said that.
>
> I don understand why I am constantly being misunderstood, but it
> seems that I am at fault. erhaps I should make my output clearer.

Well, some of your answers do not show up in my ruby-talk copy of this
thread, so seems is not your fault been misunderstood.

--
Luis Lavena