--rwEMma7ioTxnRzrJ

I've been seeing a lot of this lately:

    def foo(bar)
      puts bar
      end

For me, at least, this tends to make code kind of difficult to read.
This is what I've always seen in Ruby code before recent trends:

    def foo(bar)
      puts bar
    end

Is this some kind of bleed-over from Python's lack of ending delimiters
for indented code?  Does it follow from Whitesmiths style indentation?
Is it perhaps a case of people being unaware that good editors can
properly handle auto-indentation for Ruby?  Is it actually an emerging
preference in Ruby culture?  I'm curious about why I see this more and
more often lately (though still notably less often, especially among
experienced coders, than the style with "end" keywords at the same
indentation level as whatever started the indented block of code -- at
the same indentation level as the "def" keyword, in this case).

--=20

--rwEMma7ioTxnRzrJ