Hi 7Zip and David,

Thanks very much to you both for hanging in there with me.

I hacked up a working version (agnostic for 1.8.6/1.9.2) here:
http://www.pastie.org/1893405,
with results here: http://www.pastie.org/1893420

I apologize for having screwed a Pastie URL last time.

I left comments in code for the hacks I made.  When I first
encountered the problem,  I made a feeble attempt at prefixing :: for
All but I failed to take note of the fact that the All definition was
subordinate to Expression.  That was stupid on my part, but I blame it
on the fact that I'm 77, have been retired from programming for 7
years and have only got serious about learning Ruby/Rails about a year
ago.  It's been a struggle; I used to be faster on the uptake.

BTW, David Black has a very nice exposition of lookup for methods and
classes on page 98 et seq of his "The Well-Grounded Rubyist", one of
my "bibles".

I don't know how my hacks will playout for the parsing scheme in
"Design Patterns in Ruby".  I going to follow it until this newsgroup
and/or I discover it's a fool's errand.

With my very  best wishes to you both and thanks for your generous
insights,
Richard