On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 2:45 PM, Martin Hansen <mail / maasha.dk> wrote:
>> Yes. OpenSSL provides the crypto-backend that Ruby uses.
>>
>> ./configure --with-openssl=/path/to/shared/library.so
>
> I dont get it. First of all configure complains:
>
> configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --with-openssl
> configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --with-ssl

./configure --help should, well, help.

> Second: I have no idea of what path to point to.

That's highly specific to your environment, but a "find libssl0.9.8"
should help.

> Third: I tried to manually compile ext/openssl and recompile ext/digest,
> but still no Digest::Base.

Yeah, those are stubs (i.e. they don't do anything). There once were
export restrictions in the US on almost all cryptography (technically,
crypto is a weapon as far as US export law is concerned).

--
Phillip Gawlowski

Though the folk I have met,
(Ah, how soon!) they forget