> ...I find it very boring to read again the
> same things like variable declaration, data types, loops etc.

So try to learn really different language like Prolog, Haskell, Pure,
Lisaac....
You'll be thrown enough for not being bored :)

> ... want to write simple Windows apps. to learn
> the basic concepts. For this, I either need to learn wxRuby or FxRuby,
> which are third-party implementations.

Gui framework are too complexes for basic learning.
I use Shoes (green-shoes), but it is perhaps too rubish for the basic
learn (it use systematically block with instance_eval, DSL ...)

> IDE as Visual studio...

Use irb constantly, and a simple editor will be ok (sublime, komodo
edit...)

> Please let me know how to practice basic Ruby? What type of applications
> you wrote to practice

* simple script for file manipulation, web scrapping,
* Very little web application with CGI and/or Sinatra :
   To-do-list manager, show task list/kill process, file explorer
   Vector drawing to client canvas, ...

And one big principle: never learn in writing production
code; learn by practice on micro 'game' subject.

>and what topics you consider important

* blocs, yield (try to never use 'while') ,
* singleton class (very specific to ruby)
* thread/join/queue,
* error catching/log