Too difficult?

The most "stupid simple" dsl is IMHO block based...

yourlib.rb
----------

module Yourlib
  class << self
    def define_processor(key,&block)
      processors << [key,&block]
    end

    def processors
      @processors ||= []
    end

    def run(row) # row should be an hash
      processors.each do |key,block|
        input[key]=block.call(row)

settings.rb
-----------

require 'yourlib'

Yourlib.define_processor :outcome_a do |current|
  current[:event_a] * current[:event_b]
end

Yourlib.define_processor :outcome_b do |current|
  current[:outcome_b] = current[:event_b] * current[:outcome_a]
end

File.readlines(somepath) do |row|
  out = Yourlib.run(preprocess(row))
  do_something_fancy(out)
end

As long as your users do not use outcomes before they are produced you
can do calculations based on the outcomes...

If you need namespacing etc you can simply make an convention about the
output key names... and maybe about the input keys too... or try to add
(nested) namespacing.

I new this DSL is messy and redundant in usage, but a better approach
than using eval ;)

Regards,

Markus