On May 11, 1:52=A0pm, David Jacobs <develo... / wit.io> wrote:
> [Note: =A0parts of this message were removed to make it a legal post.]
>
> I think the second link points to the wrong pastie.
>
> I can see a couple of problems with the code, first of which is that you =
are
> setting up Expression.new to require an argument but not passing it an
> argument when you call All_basic.new, etc.
>
> More than design patterns (which I think are a little much here), I would
> suggest looking into Ruby's higher order functions like reduce and map. T=
hey
> make your code a lot simpler. This is an alternate implementation I did. =
Let
> me know what you think:
>
> http://www.pastie.org/1889838
>
> On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 1:20 PM, RichardOnRails <
>

> RichardDummyMailbox58... / uscomputergurus.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> > I'm hoping that employing "Design Patterns in Ruby" will lead to less
> > coding errors and more easily maintained code. =A0I'm stuck with the No=
> > pattern in the File Finding pattern in Chapter 15.
>
> > I've posted my code and output inhttp://www.pastie.org/1889586and
> >http://www.pastie.org/188968, respectively. =A0Any idea about the cause
> > of the reported syntax error?
>
> > Thanks in Advance,
> > Richard

> I think the second link points to the wrong pastie.
It sure does.  I apologize for that error.  My results are at
http://www.pastie.org/1889681

> This is an alternate implementation I did. Let
> me know what you think:
>
> http://www.pastie.org/1889838

I downloaded your example, removed a few spurious "end" statement and
added a "p" to get the Regexp class name.
It ran perfectly as far as I can see,  but I'd have to format the
output to confirm that.
The code looks great,  but I'll await a real comparison until I get
the book's code working

> I can see a couple of problems with the code, first of which is that you =
are
> setting up Expression.new to require an argument but not passing it an
> argument when you call All_basic.new, etc.

Thanks for this possible solution.  I'll try to correct that after I
look at the other posts I've been lucky enough to get.

Best wishes,
Richard