Brian Candler wrote in post #997970:
> Robert K. wrote in post #997944:
>> Yes, but that was not the point.  I was explicitly talking about the
>> semantics of the argument to #find.
>
> You said: "here documentation is clear.  Why do so many people tell
> different stories if it is so easy to read this up in documentation?"
>
> And my answer is: maybe because the documentation is so poor.
>
> Your example demonstrates this, because ri doesn't mention about
> Enumerable#find returning an Enumerator, which is what the original
> question was.

Which makes me wonder why the ri docs are different from the docs you
get if you google: ruby Enumerable.  The first hit will be the ruby
1.9.2 docs for Enumerable, and if you click on find() it says:

===
Passes each entry in enum to block. Returns the first for which block is
not false. If no object matches, calls ifnone and returns its result
when it is specified, or returns nil otherwise.

If no block is given, an enumerator is returned instead.
===