TJ Wilkes wrote in post #997808:
> Hi I've been learning Ruby to help with scripting some tests, but the
> books I have are only using mathematical method/class creations and my
> attempts to make my own methods are failing.  Looking for some help with
> the creation of two time savers.
>
> Note: Using ruby 1.8.7 and Watir-webdriver as well as IE 9.
>
> I'm trying to set up some page validation scripts but every attempt has
> failed, these run prefectly fine in the program if I repeat them and
> fill in linkX and PagetextX with specfics each time

How about an example of that?

Your question is very hard to decipher.  It appears that you have some
code with a string in it, e.g. linkX, and you don't understand what a
variable is or how to use one in a string.  So here are some examples:

arr = [10, 30, 20]

arr.each do |num|
  puts "The numbers is: #{num}"
end

--output:--
The numbers is: 10
The numbers is: 30
The numbers is: 20

Next, instead of using a variable inside a string, you can also call a
function:

def verify(x)
  if x > 15
    'valid'
  else
    'invalid'

arr = [10, 30, 20]

arr.each do |num|
  puts "The page is: #{verify(num)}"
end

--output:--
The page is: invalid
The page is: valid
The page is: valid

But sometimes trying to cram to0 much code in a string can be confusing,
so you could do something like this as well:

def verify(x)
  if x > 15
    true
  else