Oren Shani wrote in post #997581:
> But I get an error
>
> NoMethodError: undefined method `database_server=' for
> #<#<Class:0xb73db280>:0xb73db0c8>
>   from ./couch.rb:5
>   from (irb):1:in `require'
>   from (irb):1
>   from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:123

One trap which might catch you out - if the library itself has a file
called "couch.rb" then calling your own program "couch.rb" will prevent
'require' from loading it.

To eliminate that as a possible problem, just rename your couch.rb to
something else.

> I checked with CouchPotato::Config.methods and database_server is really
> not there

Oh well, then calling it isn't going to work :-) You'll need to dig
through the docs or find some sample apps which use CouchPotato.

Incidentally, I made a completely separate CouchDB API called
"couchtiny", although I'm not using or developing it at the moment. It's
on github, and you're more than welcome to try it out. It has some usage
examples in the README and in the doc/ subdir.