Thanks again for everyones input and thanks to Jesus for explaining and
providing examples for using a method in my code.

>And now, the OP is frightenend of functional programming
No, this sounds like fun.  I'll work my way there eventually.

So attached is my updated version.

As you can see I also added a # of 'guesses' variable that counts the
number of attempts and then exits when you hit the max.  That took me a
little while to figure out, but I am pleased that I got it.

I was thinking of asking if the player would like to play again and then
figuring out how to restart the whole thing but I wasn't sure how to do
this. How can I make prompt to "Play again?" and when answered "Yes"
restart, whether the person wins or loses (or if "No" just exits)?  Or
is the way my code is written make this impossible?

Attachments:
http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/6181/meth_100guess.rb