--000e0cd536228ceb5e04a2acbcae

On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 4:14 PM, Eric Hodel <drbrain / segment7.net> wrote:

> rubygems-update version 1.8.1 has been released!
>
> * http://rubygems.org
> * http://docs.rubygems.org
> * http://help.rubygems.org
> * http://github.com/rubygems
> * http://rubyforge.org/projects/rubygems
>
> RubyGems is a package management framework for Ruby.
>
> This gem is an update for the RubyGems software. You must have an
> installation of RubyGems before this update can be applied.
>
> See Gem for information on RubyGems (or `ri Gem`)
>
> To upgrade to the latest RubyGems, run:
>
>  $ gem update --system  # you might need to be an administrator or root
>
> See UPGRADING.rdoc for more details and alternative instructions.
>
> -----
>
> If you don't have RubyGems installed, your can still do it manually:
>
> * Download from: https://rubygems.org/pages/download
> * Unpack into a directory and cd there
> * Install with: ruby setup.rb  # you may need admin/root privilege
>
> For more details and other options, see:
>
>  ruby setup.rb --help
>
>  1.8.1 / 2011-05-05
>
> After installing RubyGems 1.8.1 you will see deprecations when loading your
> exsting gems.  Run `gem pristine --all --no-extensions` to regenerate your
> gem specifications safely.
>
> Currently RubyGems does not save the build arguments used to build gems
> with
> extensions.  You will need to run `gem pristine gem_with_extension --
> --build-arg` to regenerate a gem with an extension where it requires
> special
> build arguments.
>
> * 1 minor enhancement:
>
>  * Added Gem::Requirement#specific? and Gem::Dependency#specific?
>
> * 4 bug fixes:
>
>  * Typo on Indexer rendered it useless on Windows
>  * `gem dep` can fetch remote dependencies for non-latest gems again.
>  * `gem uninstall` with multiple versions no longer crashes with
> ArgumentError
>  * Always use binary mode for File.open to keep Windows happy

After Rake and Bundler come on board, I'll join you guys. But in the
meantime, I'm going to
$ gem update --system 1.7

Also, I have a gem, but wasn't notified about this (maybe because mine had
no issues?), if I wasn't on the ML or following certain people on Twitter or
didn't update my Rubygems, I might not even know there could be problems.
Maybe a mass email "check your gems are still valid" to gem authors? I'd be
willing to opt into it on rubygems.org

--000e0cd536228ceb5e04a2acbcae--