On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 8:40 AM, Ruby Student <ruby.student / gmail.com> wrote:
>It Worked*! I got that beautiful screen that was looking for, the
> "Welcome to SHOES" screen.

Awesome!

> NOW, my dilemma is how important is that record that I commented out????
> This is the record:
> *HTML5ASCIIINCOMPAT = [Encoding::UTF_7, Encoding::UTF_16BE,
> Encoding::UTF_16LE, Encoding::UTF_32BE, Encoding::UTF_32LE] # :nodoc:*
>
> I have no clue is to the importance of this record.
>
> What do you guys think?
> Is it safe to write code without that record?

HTML5ASCIIINCOMPAT is only used in encode_www_form_component which
only seems to be called from encode_www_form which doesn't seem to be
called from anywhere in the shoes code.  Maybe some shoes applications
may make use of it, but even then I imagine it should be safe unless
the system happens to be using one of those encodings.