Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply!

The reason I had 'rand(100).to_i' and 'random.to_i' is because in IRB it
told me it was a Fixnum.  Also, I had just figured out why my operators
weren't working so I wanted everything to be an integer.  Obviously, in
retrospect, I see now that I didn't have to do it that way.

After I submitted to Ruby-Forum I did notice that when I was checking to
see if the input was within range that it would only do this at the
beginning.  Putting that code in was an afterthought.  I also thought
that I should really check to see if it was a number but I didn't know
how to do that.

I was unaware that I didn't need the chomp in 'gets.chomp.to_i'.

I am still trying to wrap my head around Methods.  I get it, but don't
know how to put down the code.  Even when I look at Jesus's example I am
a bit confused but I have a feeling that using Methods is a very Rubyist
thing and the way Ruby was intended to be written.

I really like Martin's example.

I am going to try to use a Method and make this work and see if I can
figure out how to reject any input that isn't a number (probably isn't
hard just don't know how yet).

I want to thank everyone again for their help.  I definitely feel
welcomed and will be back.

Goat