"IƱaki Baz Castillo" <ibc / aliax.net> wrote in post #996577:
> Hi, is there somewhere good documentation about ruby-openssl API? or
> any good tutorial? The RDOC is hard to read:
>
>   http://www.ruby-doc.org/stdlib/libdoc/openssl/rdoc/index.html

Probably best just to look at some code which uses it. Net::HTTPS would e a good start for a TLS client. For TLS server, I did some everse-engineering to build ruby-ldapserver, and now I use that as my eference implementation :-)

> PD: Is there any other alternative to ruby-openssl?

Depends what you want to do.

ruby's ext/openssl is just a thin wrapper around the openssl library. If ou want to do things like open and accept TLS sessions, it's your main ption. I don't know if alternatives like GNU-TLS have been wrapped for uby.

However, if you want to do things like symmetric encryption, there are uite a few other libraries.