Good morning,

I'm a newbie to this site and I'm not sure if this is the way to start a new
thread...if I'm doing something wrong, please let me know...

I'm also a newbie to the iMac Snow Leopard machine...
I have the 'aluminum' keyboard and it does not have a 'forward delete'
button...
It does have the 'backward delete' button...
I've been able to solve the not having a 'forward delete' button by using
'fn' + '[backward] delete' in all other places but not within irb...
In irb, when I press 'fn'+'delete' I get the 'squigly' character '~'...
...for example, if I'm in irb and want to delete the '2' in the string
"123", using 'fn'+'delete', I get "1~23"....
No big deal, but it is driving me nuts...I'd appreciate any help...

Good day