On Sun, May 1, 2011 at 8:15 AM, Konstantin Ka <paranox3 / yahoo.de> wrote:

> I've been learning the basics of Ruby for a bit over a week now and
> while I understand those basics I can't help but wonder how all of those
> basic methods work inside ruby.
>
> In the past I also noticed that the best way to become good at anything
> is to understand every detail of it (I had an education in medicine and
> if you know what molecules and cells do if you throw them together, the
> function and malfunctions of organs s just basic logic)

That is certainly not true for me; apparently we have different
learning experiences.  Still, I would think that it is easier to start
with learning to _use_ the language before diving into implementation
details.  The reason I am suggesting is, that otherwise you might not
see the forest for the trees: a solid understanding of Ruby as a
language (not how it is implemented) will give you a mental framework
where to plug in implementation details once you learn them.

> These questions seem fairly basic to me, but none of the beginner guides
> I found even came close to explaining this. So please point me in the
> right direction.

That's probably because you do not need to know these in order to
learn the language - even properly so.  I believe in an early stage of
adoption of the Ruby language would do more harm than good.  I cannot
judge how far you have gone with understanding and using the language
but I get the feeling that you might be jumping into deep water too
early.

Kind regards

robert

http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/