RichardOnRails wrote in post #995908:
> I know my Subject line looks like heresy in this newsgroup, but I
> can't figure out how I'm screwing up in this bug.
>
> I posted the program at http://www.pastie.org/1849430
> It reads in a little control data, which is displayed at
> http://www.pastie.org/1849434
>
> The program reads in the control data and stores it in hash containing
> two hashes in this case, which represents the two pseudo-hashes in the
> control data.
>
> My problem is conflicting output by the statements numbered 155 & 156:
>     puts %[%d\t%s => %s] % [num+=1, key, value]

I know about ruby's % substitutions, but I can't decipher that line--you
have obfuscated the code very well!  Not a good thing.   I would write
that line as:

puts "%d\t%s => %s" % [num+=1, key, val]

lol.  You are using the % shortcut for %Q and you are using [] as the
delimiter.  I have only one thing to say: horrible code writing.