Didin Ibnu Sarnan wrote in post #995698:
> Thank you for precious answer, I feel increased in my knowledge :).
>
> so, I get that ruby is different with PHP,
> as we know PHP is more inclined to web development purpose, but ruby is
> general purpose not inclined to web, but can be used to webdevelopment
> with
> add some application (rubyonrails or sinatra or etc), is it what I say
> right?

Yes.  Josh Cheek described the difference between php and ruby
accurately.

> firstly, I think that rubyonrails is similiar with Zend framework (one
> of
> PHP framework).

Yes, that's correct.

Some more information: just like with php, you don't need to use a
bloated "framework" to use ruby on "the server side"(=for web pages).
Ruby can use the "cgi gateway" that your server probably provides.  In
fact, it is probably a good excercise to write at least one ruby cgi
program just to see how it works.  Here is a tutorial:

http://www.tutorialspoint.com/ruby/ruby_web_applications.htm