From: Juju SL <jujusl / free.fr>
Subject: Re: Tk : non blocking Tk.mainloop
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 06:03:21 +0900
> I tried your first suggestion with my simple script and the script ran
> OK.
>
> Then I tried another more complicated script, which did not work last
> time ; it now runs OK too with your first hack.

First of all, it's a good news that your script worked properly.

However, the first counterplan is not a good one.
Because, when you use it, you cannot call Tk.mainloop in a sub-thread
(e.g. "Thread.new{Tk.mainloop}" doesn't work).

> I haven't tried your third suggestion, as I prefer to keep my packages
> clean ; I keep it in mind in case the first hack does not solve my
> problems.

I can understand your care. So, I can't force you to try the third
counterplan. But I need your help to fix the problem, because I can't
generate the problem.
If you try the third one temporally and it is effective, I can commit
the patch for the next release of Ruby.
Again, I never force you. But your trial report has very high value.
Department of Artificial Intelligence, Kyushu Institute of Technology