> 2011/4/29 7stud --<bbxx789_05ss / yahoo.com>
>
>> Didin Ibnu Sarnan wrote in post #995669:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I just installed ruby on my ubuntu, I use this following command to
>>> install
>>> ruby:
>>>
>>> # sudo apt-get install ruby1.9.1-full
>>>
>>> After installation succeeded, I don't know what are the next step to
>>> begin
>>> developing ruby, I from PHP language and I want to try to learn ruby.
>>>
>> You want to get a text editor that does automatic line indenting.  Then
>> you create a new file, enter some ruby code, and save the file with a
>> .rb extension.  Then at the command line type:
>>
>> ruby my_program.rb
>>
>> and you will see any output your program produces.
>>
>> --
>>

>> On 04/28/2011 08:17 PM, Didin Ibnu Sarnan wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Thank you for all answer.
>>>
>>> I have try execute ruby code with Command line and it was success.
>>>
>>> What I want is, I want write ruby code and then display it in my browser
>>> (firefox or whatever)
>>>
>>> how can I do this?
>>>
>>> Thank you :)

This depends on how comfortable you are with setting up Apache and what
direction you want to go in.

If you are very comfortable with Apache, then install mod_ruby and you
can make pages using <% ruby_code_here %> (instead of <? php_code_here
?>). This is, however, considered a rather antiquated way of developing
web applications (but do it anyway if that is how you want to get started).

If you are thinking of writing full-fledged web applications, then you
may wish to try one of the many web frameworks suggested in other replies.

-Justin