--kfjH4zxOES6UT95V

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 12:17:04PM +0900, Didin Ibnu Sarnan wrote:
>=20
> I have try execute ruby code with Command line and it was success.
>=20
> What I want is, I want write ruby code and then display it in my browser
> (firefox or whatever)
>=20
> how can I do this?

There's about a dozen different ways to do that.  The most common is
probably Rails.  Another popular (and more lightweight) option is
Sinatra, which I find pretty nice other than some deployment issues I've
had.  Another is to use an eruby implementation.  Then, of course,
there's mod_ruby and basic CGI.

What you'll want to use will depend on where/how you're going to deploy
it.  If you just want to play around with it on your own, Sinatra is
great to get started quickly.  If you want to use the cheapest Web
hosting possible, you may want to try eruby or CGI; CGI is like how a lot
of Perl Web development used to be done, while eruby gives you a
templating engine similar to the way PHP with Apache generally works.  If
you want to get a proper Ruby host, you probably also have Rails
available, and could well get Sinatra working there as well.  If you run
your own servers, the sky's the limit.

--=20

--kfjH4zxOES6UT95V