Hi,

Thank you for this answer Hidetoshi.

So, as I had gone back to Ruby 1.8, I desinstalled its packages and
reinstalled the 1.9 ones.

I tried your first suggestion with my simple script and the script ran
OK.

Then I tried another more complicated script, which did not work last
time ; it now runs OK too with your first hack.

I haven't tried your third suggestion, as I prefer to keep my packages
clean ; I keep it in mind in case the first hack does not solve my
problems.

Thanks a lot for your help ; I will keep you aware if my problem occurs
again.

Best regards

JujuSL

-- 
Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.