Luis Lavena wrote in post #995432:
> The idea is that mimics as close as possible what autotools
> 'configure' provides.
>
> Since the invocation to configure goes with 'sh' I think sticking to
> sh will be closest as possible.

OK. It seems like you're saying you want someone to rewrite autoconf for
you, with full cross-compilation and multi-platform support, and
presumably better documentation and examples than autoconf has
(otherwise you'd just be using autoconf), for 50 bucks?

Another idea is to try to borrow code from a different project which
already does cross-compilation. Openwrt is one which springs to mind.
That has a set of Makefiles which will build the whole cross-compilation
tool chain for you as well - admittedly the Makefiles are rather complex
though. And it doesn't build Windows executables.