On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 1:44 AM, Robert Klemme
<shortcutter / googlemail.com> wrote:
> Is redefinition per thread a standard JRuby feature or is this
> something you would add? If it was something that would need addingI
> wouldn't bother to do it. That sounds like a major change.

It's something I've thought about, a la Groovy's "categories"
(thread-downstream selector namespacing, basically), but no, there's
no support for this currently in JRuby (and even in Groovy it is an
oft-maligned feature, since it imposes a perf penalty even if you
aren't using it since you have to constantly check a thread-local for
an installed category.)

> Will do. :-) I'd also love to lend JRuby a hand but unfortunately I
> can't find the time right now.

Well, you can always help by submitting docs, editing wiki, answering
JRuby ML questions, answering StackOverflow questions, submitting
JRuby talks to conferences, presenting at user groups and
clubs...perhaps there's something that fits your schedule better :)

- Charlie