Hi all,

In a bit of a rut. Have a file with a lot of text. I want to seperate
the text in this file as entries. Each entry that I would be seperating,
would be done so using IO.pos and when that cursor reaches a certain
character in the file, it will ideally place all the content before that
character into a buffer. Then the cursor will continue reading until it
hits that same character again and put that content into a buffer, so on
and so forth. (Character I'll be reading would be a greater than symbol)

 Would I use a do iterator or use a while loop with a gets method? Or
readlines perhaps?

File:
>entry 1
rubyrubyrubyrubyrubyrubyrubyruby
(newline here which I don't want)
>entry 2
rubyrubyrubyrubyrubyrubyrubyruby

Entry1 and entry2 will be in seperate buffers which I would be able to
access again.

buffer1 = >entry 1
rubyrubyrubyrubyrubyrubyrubyruby

buffer2 = >entry 2
rubyrubyrubyrubyrubyrubyrubyruby

PS. The file is huge, so I don't want to read it into memory. What is
the best way to approach this? Any suggestions or comments would be
helpful. Thanks!