Richard Sandoval wrote in post #995007:
> When I puts that yaml file for that application field, I get App1,App2.
> How can I add quotes to each application.  I'd like my output to be
> "App1,App2" which includes the quotes in the output

In Ruby, two of the String constructors are ' ' and " ".  So if you
create a string like this:

  str = 'hello'

and write:

  puts str

then the output will be:

  hello

Now, what if you want str to start with a dash and end with a dash?  How
would you do that?  Like this:

  str = '-hello-'
  puts str

and the output will be:

  -hello-

Similarly, if you want the string to start with a double quote and end
with a double quote, then include a double quote before the 'h' and
after the 'o':

  str = '"hello"'
  puts str

and the output will be:

  "hello"

But what if you try:

  str = ""hello""
  puts str

ruby first sees this:

  str = ""

which sets str to a blank string.  Then the rest of the line confuses
ruby, so ruby stops everything and gives you an error.

Sometimes mixing single quotes and double quotes gets confusing, so ruby
also provides two other string constructors: %q and %Q.  The lower case
'q' is the same as single quotes, and the uppercase 'Q' is the same as
double quotes:

str = %q{"hello \n world"}
puts str

--output:--