dare ruby wrote in post #994834:
> I need to build a simple smtp server in ruby, based on Gserver, which
> should support most mail clients and need to log the messages iam
> receiving.
>
> Kindly any one suggest on this, on how to proceed.

Sure:

1. Create a subclass of GServer
2. Implement SMTP in it(see RFC 2821)
3. Create an instance of your object and run it

For an example of how to build a server with GServer, just read the
gserver.rb file in the ruby standard library. But if you're building an
SMTP server from scratch, I'm afraid there's no shortcut to
understanding how SMTP works - so you need to read RFC 2821.

I have to say this sounds like a homework question: otherwise, why would
you say it has to be built on GServer?