On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 10:13 AM, Siratinee Sukachai
<ploy.sukachai / gmail.com> wrote:
> Actually, I need to do like in array which I can use << to assign more
> value into array. Anyways can I do that in hash?

Sure there are two ways, the destructive one, in which the receiver is
modified with #update

>> h={:a=>42}
=> {:a=>42}
>> h.update(:b => 43)
=> {:b=>43, :a=>42}
=> {:b=>43, :a=>42}

or the constructive, in which the receiver is not modified, with #merge

>> h={:a=>42}
>> h.merge(:b => 43)
=> {:b=>43, :a=>42}

Be aware of the fact, that in case of conflicting keys the values of
the argument are used, this can be handled by the block form of
#update and #merge, as described here
http://www.rubydoc.info/stdlib/core/1.9.2/Hash
HTH
Robert