I've rewritten and heavily commented the ThreadTimeout middleware of
Rainbows![1].  I believe it's safe given the documented limitations (see
link), but would greatly appreciate code review from anybody willing and
able.

Original post to Rainbows! mailing list here[2]:
  http://mid.gmane.org/20110421225253.GA23446 / dcvr.yhbt.net

Thread will/may be here (warning: frames):
  http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.ruby.rainbows.general/222

Feel free to respond here or to the Rainbows! mailing list[2]

The Rainbows! mailing list doesn't require subscription, just remember
to tell people to Cc: you if you're not subscribed.  The Message-ID
for the In-Reply-To: header is <20110421225253.GA23446 / dcvr.yhbt.net>

Thanks for reading!

[1] - http://rainbows.rubyforge.org/
[2] - rainbows-talk / rubyforge.org  I don't think many people are
      subscribed, so I'm asking for help here since I suspect more
      people pay attention to ruby-talk :)

--
Eric Wong