On Sat 13 Apr 2002 at 00:27:36 +0900, Brian F. Feldman wrote:

> Ian Macdonald <ian / caliban.org> wrote:
> >
> > As part of my continuing efforts to master Ruby, I've released version
> > 0.1.0 of Ruby/Google.
> >
> > This library offers a higher-level abstraction of Google's new
> > SOAP-driven Web API. The aim of the library is to make the details of
> > the raw data structures returned by the Web API irrelevant, in the
> > process making the API more accessible for everyday use.
> >
> > The code is of alpha quality, but seems to do as it's told, in spite
> > of my newness to the language. :-)
> >
> > Demonstration programs are included in the archive.
> >
> > I encourage people to try it out and let me know what they think.
>
> I did have a few changes, of course ;)  I wanted to get rid of some of the
> complexity and inconvenience of using Hash objects, since I feel Struct
> objects are a little more suitable and nicer to use.

You see, that's the nice thing about incrementally learning a
language. Until you wrote the above paragraph, I wasn't even aware of
Structs in Ruby, having not yet reached that section of the Pickaxe
book :-)

> That and I wanted a slightly more useful definition of KEY by
> default; here's what I have.  I've put up my changes up at
> http://green.bikeshed.org/~green/ruby-google.patch for those things
> I mentioned.  Let me know what you think!

I like the changes a lot. No need to bother with the HTML and man page
diffs, though, since these are autogenerated from the code, using
RDtool.

I'll incorporate your patches for the 0.2.0 release.

Thanks very much.

Ian
--
Ian Macdonald               | If all the world's economists were laid end
ian / caliban.org             | to end, we wouldn't reach a conclusion.