On 18-Apr-2011, duke <sidney.reilley.ii / gmail.com> wrote:

> OK! Followed your instructions to the letter ...
> and hacked my .emacs for the key map stuff, as per Ryans advice ...
> NO joy!

It sounds like return is still bound to compile-goto-error.  Did you restart
Emacs after modifying your .emacs file?  You might want to check your
keybindings in the compilation buffer.  Get it in focus and hit C-h b, and a
new window will be created with your current keybindings.  Look under
ruby-compilation-minor-mode in the keybinding buffer and see if there is an
entry for key <return> and binding comint-send-input.