On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 5:15 PM, Martin Hansen <mail / maasha.dk> wrote:

> The below code is too slow for practical use. I need it to run at least
> 20 times faster. Perhaps that is possible with some C code? I have no
> experience with writing Ruby extensions. What are the pitfalls? Which
> part of the code should be ported? Any pointers to get me started?

Can you be a bit more specific about the slow part or even extract a
simple use case which demonstrates the issue you are having?  Also,
copying it from your email and then fixing all the line breaks is
tedious.  Please use a more appropriate means to distribute the code
in such cases (e.g. pastie, gist).

Kind regards

robert

http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/