On Apr 15, 12:55=A0pm, "mouser" <inva... / invalid.com> wrote:
> On 15-Apr-2011, duke <sidney.reilley... / gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Thank you so much! I'll give it a try, for sure!
>
> There are a number of other good packages for Ruby in ELPA as well. =A0I =
think
> you might have to manually install mode-compile.el, IIRC. =A0ELPA doesn't=
 seem
> to supply that, but I think this package depends on it. =A0Seehttp://www.=
emacswiki.org/emacs/ModeCompile

I installed ruby-compilation.el from ELPA, after installing support
for the latter. I fired some Ruby code, and it works! but ...

Your were right ...

> If this happens to you, you will need to rebind comint-send-input.

What do you mean by "rebind comint-send-input"?

The way I'm doing it is:

after I'm done inputting data into the program, I do a M-x comint-send-
input, instead of a `cr'. Is that correct?

It executes OK, and the program output is correct, but I may be taking
"the long way around". :) Thanks for your input.